If you, as a business owner, don’t have thousands of dollars to re-invent your company’s image then focus on one element. First, you must figure out which element will help your business the most. Depending on the type of business and how established your customer base is, than a Web site redesign may be better than purchasing online advertisements (AdSense). For example:
If you are a start-up business and already have a Web site but are not attracting new customers, than advertising may be the answer. Facebook, LinkedIn and Google AdSense ads (the ads that appear in the right column of your browser) can help you target and attract your niche audience.
If you have an established customer base, have been in business for years and know you need to update your online image, than a Web site may be the answer.
But how can you tell what you need without consulting a professional? And how can you afford a professionals opinion? The wonderful world of WWW will help you find blogs and forums for these answers. Find two forums – one that is related to your company’s niche and another for online marketing. Post your company’s dilemma with as many specifics and in as few words as possible. There are many people that you will receive advice from and many people who will post their company’s information to help you.
Tips before choosing:
- An advertisement is only as good as the landing page it’s connected to
- A simple and a small Web site with optimal usability is better than a large Web site with a bad design and slow loading pages (but an e-commerce site with a simple design (good usability) is the best option for a company)
- A Web site is a must with today’s Web-savvy consumers
What you can update:
- Web site design
- e-commerce options within a Web site
- e-newsletter template
- Purchase AdSense ads (don’t do this without professional input. There are SEO strategies to purchasing ads online)
Examples of Company updates:
- Web site redesigns: Non Profit Website Design: Examples and Best Practices (this is written for non-profits but the advise is good for every type of business)
- Logo redesigns: 50 Stunning Examples of a great redesign
- AdSense succes stories: Case studies from Google